Friday, July 24, 2009

After months of preperation and planning I am finally in Peru. Traveling was fantasic despite having to live off of granola bars and stale airline peanuts. I explored each airport - including seeing every square inch of the Panama airport at least 2 times (I had a five hour layover and it is a pretty small airport). Last night at about 10:23 I landed in Lima, Peru. For the night I am staying at a hostel. It is the definitely the coolest place I have ever stayed at. The walls are all painted in bright yellows, oranges and greens, flags from all over the world hang from the ceiling, futbol jerseys line the walls along with scattered messages and pictures of other adventurous individuals who have stayed at this hostel. It is a cheery homey little place with a pool table, fooseball and ping pong. In just about an hour Kevin and I will be boarding a bus for our 18 hour trip up and over the Andes to the Eastern side of Peru where Pucallpa awaits us.

No comments:

Post a Comment